Founder of Northwind Pharmaceuticals, Crosswind Pharmacy, Northwind Electronics, and Cross Stone Creative. Blogger on leadership, adversity, personal growth, and the journey. Blessed to coach young athletes for 12 years. Board member. Business advisor. Husband of 26+ years. Father of four. Still figuring it out.
- Passingclick the arrow above to listen to this poem. The thread glinted,caught in the lightand then goneThe strand, silky and ephemeral.As mysteriousas the cardinal’s call.Framing this moment,there is a tearedging from my eye –holding on,glistening, not ready to fall;as temporary as that web,lost in the sunshine.It is all passingin the... Read more »
- Hear the Call, Accept the Mission, Prepare the WayClick the arrow above to listen to this post. I heard it long before I saw it. The blades of its propellers pounded the air as it moved slowly across the afternoon sky. Sitting atop Mount Fortuna at the north east edge of San Diego, I watched the V-22 Osprey... Read more »
- It’s Easy to Surrender Responsibility When We Don’t Have ControlClick the arrow above to listen to this post. To say you have no choice is to relieve yourself of responsibility.Patrick Ness, Monsters of Men The Realities of Control Control. Oh, how we want it. We want to know what to do to create specific results. We want to know... Read more »
- Walking into 2022 Firmly Resolving to be BetterClick the arrow above to listen to this post. The New Year is here. Moving into January 2022, we acutely feel the many changes of the last 24 months. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed much and tested us: as individuals, as organizations, as a society, as a nation, and as... Read more »
- All the Lonely PeopleClick the arrow above to listen to this post. Because you’re lonely in your nightmare let me inDuran Duran Consider for a moment all of the people you know. Friends. Family. Neighbors. Co-workers. Passing acquaintances. What do you know about them? Do you know their hopes? Do you know their... Read more »
- This Season of Awe and WonderShock and Awe 66,391. That’s how many people were in Lucas Oil Stadium last night to watch the Colts and the Patriots. I’m not a huge football fan, but I must confess that attending one of these games always takes my breath away. The crowds. The pomp. The sounds. The... Read more »
Now, at mid-career or beyond, you may be asking: “Have I reached my peak? Have I already done my best work?” However, a more important question is: “How do I do my best work in what are now my peak years?” The great news is that you have exactly what you need to answer that question. The journey toward your best version continues and it’s happening right now. Stones Across the River is about finding the path on that journey to your best work.