Founder of Northwind Pharmaceuticals, Crosswind Pharmacy, Northwind Electronics, and Cross Stone Creative. Blogger on leadership, adversity, personal growth, and the journey. Blessed to coach young athletes for 12 years. Board member. Business advisor. Husband of 26+ years. Father of four. Still figuring it out.
- It’s a Wonderful LifeClick the arrow above to listen to this post. What constitutes a wonderful life? I find myself contemplating this question today as I think of my friend who was put into hospice care yesterday. The wonder of life takes on new dimensions when considered against the sharp edge of life’s... Read more »
- This Day We ShareClick the arrow above to listen to this poem. This day we share, in the warmth of our home, Together we pray, as our hearts lightly roam; Toward the grateful, the plenty, the smells, and the cheer, Across the miles we’ve walked, making our way here. Beyond the sullen, the... Read more »
- Hold on to People, They’re Slipping AwayClick on the arrow above to listen to this post Focus on everything better todayAll that I needed I never could sayHold on to people, they’re slipping awayHold on to this while it’s slipping away Moby, Slipping Away The cold has arrived and, with it, that quiet introspection which... Read more »
- We All Need Someone to Believe InClick the arrow above to listen to this post. Shilo, when I was youngI used to call your nameWhen no one else would comeShilo, you always cameAnd we’d play Neil Diamond Toward the end of a recent breakfast meeting, I glanced at my phone and noticed numerous missed... Read more »
- Revealing the Superhero Hidden WithinClick the arrow above to listen to this post. One of the beautifully profound aspects of the arrival of a new baby, is the event’s effect on baby’s siblings. Now adjusting to the myriad impacts of grandchild number four, I’ve been blessed to watch the evolving reactions of her brothers... Read more »
Now, at mid-career or beyond, you may be asking: “Have I reached my peak? Have I already done my best work?” However, a more important question is: “How do I do my best work in what are now my peak years?” The great news is that you have exactly what you need to answer that question. The journey toward your best version continues and it’s happening right now. Stones Across the River is about finding the path on that journey to your best work.