Founder of Northwind Pharmaceuticals, Crosswind Pharmacy, Northwind Electronics, and Cross Stone Creative. Blogger on leadership, adversity, personal growth, and the journey. Blessed to coach young athletes for 12 years. Board member. Business advisor. Husband of 26+ years. Father of four. Still figuring it out.
- Dangerously BeautifulClick the arrow above to listen to this post. A few weeks ago, my post Lead with Beauty, talked about the power of beauty to engage others with the irrational, the magical, and the heart-touching. It struck a chord with some of you. The theme returned this week in... Read more »
- What Are You Reading? Perhaps Your Story Lies WithinClick the arrow above to listen to this post. He does not despise real woods because he has read of enchanted woods; the reading makes all real woods a little enchanted.C.S. Lewis Over the last few weeks, I’ve been putting the final touches on my next book. The final edit... Read more »
- What Do You See?Click the arrow above to listen to this post Have you returned to the office yet? Our building is located in the heart of Indianapolis and I like to drive through the city to get there. Occasionally, I find myself stopped at one particular railroad crossing near the office. Depending... Read more »
- Lead With BeautyClick the arrow above to listen to this post. Begin with the beautiful, which leads you to the good, which leads you to the truth.Bishop Robert Barron On the wall of my office are six large, framed, photographs of cathedrals we visited in France and Spain during our 500 mile... Read more »
- Wanting It All Knowing There’s Never EnoughClick the arrow above to listen to this post. On a recent trip to Florida, we took a water taxi ride along an intracoastal waterway that was lined with luxury yachts. One particular yacht was named “Never Enough.” The name has intrigued and troubled me since I saw it. Was... Read more »
Now, at mid-career or beyond, you may be asking: “Have I reached my peak? Have I already done my best work?” However, a more important question is: “How do I do my best work in what are now my peak years?” The great news is that you have exactly what you need to answer that question. The journey toward your best version continues and it’s happening right now. Stones Across the River is about finding the path on that journey to your best work.