Founder of Northwind Pharmaceuticals, Crosswind Pharmacy, Northwind Electronics, and Cross Stone Creative. Blogger on leadership, adversity, personal growth, and the journey. Blessed to coach young athletes for 12 years. Board member. Business advisor. Husband of 26+ years. Father of four. Still figuring it out.
- Beauty Hidden Beyond the ShadowsClick the arrow above to listen to this post. Oh, mirror in the skyWhat is love?Can the child within my heart rise above?Can I sail through the changin’ ocean tides?Can I handle the seasons of my life?Stevie Nicks, Landslide “This moment is singular,” I thought as I looked around... Read more »
- Our Loss When Founders SunsetClick the arrow above to listen to this post. Sundown, yellow moon, I replay the pastI know every scene by heart, they all went by so fastBob Dylan Our world has a natural ebb and flow to it. The tides come in and retreat, rhythmically, predictably. The seasons come and... Read more »
- Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of HappinessHappy Birthday America! Now 244 years old, you can no longer claim novelty or inexperience. Yours is a history of brilliance and bloodshed, strife and prosperity, faith and heresy, hope and despair, laughter and tears. The bareknuckled battles that formed your founding live on through their heirs as we continue... Read more »
- Our Need to Go to the EdgesClick the arrow above to listen to this post. We are creatures of extremes. Take a look around. Extreme sports. Extreme drama. Extreme entertainment. Extreme violence. Extreme luxury. Extreme poverty. Extreme politics. Extreme generosity. Extreme selfishness. Extreme. In nearly every direction we look, we see the extreme. We seem naturally... Read more »
- Take Them Somewhere NewClick the arrow above to listen to this post. I don’t need to believe all the dreams you conceiveYou just need to achieve something that rings trueMartin Gore, A Pain That I’m Used To I once worked for a dynamic leader who would frequently say that there are three... Read more »
Now, at mid-career or beyond, you may be asking: “Have I reached my peak? Have I already done my best work?” However, a more important question is: “How do I do my best work in what are now my peak years?” The great news is that you have exactly what you need to answer that question. The journey toward your best version continues and it’s happening right now. Stones Across the River is about finding the path on that journey to your best work.